Blog

8 Places to Check Out When in Kuala Lumpur

8 Places to Check Out When in Kuala Lumpur Leave a comment

As a freelance writer, I have been creating content and writing blogs for over seven years! Not only do I love writing about traveling, but I also have experience in many other fields. I have been a guest writer on many popular blogs, as well as ghostwritten novels. When I’m not writing, you can find me with my family, reading a book, or working on an art project! Not to mention traveling around the globe!

Kuala Lumpur

If you want to spend your vacation in a city that offers the perfect blend of culture, traditions, technology, a vibrant lifestyle, and pleasant weather, then Kuala Lumpur is the place to be. As a traveler, you will find it challenging to run out of things to do, food to try, and new places to explore.

The city is home to famous sightseeing spots, parks, gardens, and museums. In addition, you could visit places of worship, play sports, or indulge in spa services.

Petronas Twin Towers

One of the city’s striking features, the structure holds the record of the tallest twin towers with a height of 452 m. The buildings are connected with a sky bridge on the 41st and 42nd floors. The bridge is a major tourist attraction, owing to the majestic views, but it also provides structural support to the buildings. 

KLCC Park

KLCC park surrounding the Petronas Twin Towers is also a most popular tourist attraction. You could visit attractions in the park, enjoy the tropical greenery and a calm environment. 

Merdeka Square

The square is of historical importance, as it was here that the Malaysian flag was first hoisted at midnight on 31st August 1957. You will find several colonial-era buildings, a Victorian-era fountain, and the City Gallery in the area.

merdeka square
https://unsplash.com/photos/2wpXEtPHhMk

Batu Caves

These limestone caves are home to several temples and shrines. The three major caves frequented by tourists are Cathedral, Art Gallery, and Museum Cave. If you feel adventurous, explore the last section of the caves with a guide.

Bukit Bintang

Restaurants, shopping malls, street markets, cafes, indoor amusement parks, spa, and wellness services, you can find it all at the Bukit Bintang shopping district.

Kuala Lumpur Bird Park

The bird park houses over 2000 bird species, with 90% being local and the remaining 10% being imported worldwide. The walk-in bird enclosure is the most popular among tourists, wherein you can interact with the birds at the feeding station.

National Museum

If you want to learn about Malaysian history or WWII, you can visit the National Museum. You will find stone and bronze sculptures, historical weapons, old carriages, and traditional wedding attire here. Definitely a must see when visiting Malaysia!

Central Market

The central market is where you want to experience the local culture, cuisines, and music. You can shop for handicrafts, pottery, clothes, souvenirs, and silver items, among others. You can also enjoy live performances here while you sample the local cuisine. 

Where to Stay in Kuala Lumpur?

One of the popular areas to stay when traveling to Kuala Lumpur would be KLCC. The world-famous Petronas Twin Towers are located near KLCC. If you explore the area on foot, you will come across several art galleries, museums, restaurants, shopping hubs, and some of the city’s best nightlife hotspots. The area is well connected, and you could easily use public transport to reach the tourist places mentioned above.

Kuala Lumpur is a thriving city that appeals to every traveler’s choices and tastes. The city will not disappoint if you want to stay at luxury hotels or budget accommodations, shop at lavish shopping malls, or bargain at the street market.

3/5 - (1 vote)
Please follow and like us:

As a freelance writer, I have been creating content and writing blogs for over seven years! Not only do I love writing about traveling, but I also have experience in many other fields. I have been a guest writer on many popular blogs, as well as ghostwritten novels. When I’m not writing, you can find me with my family, reading a book, or working on an art project! Not to mention traveling around the globe!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

fb-share-icon