Congratulations! You’ve had a good night at the tables and now have a bit of money burning a hole in your pocket. You want to go shopping in Las Vegas, but are unsure about where to start. This article will help you decide where to part with your winnings.
You don’t have to travel far to spend money in a wonderful store. In fact, chances are the hotel in which you are staying has a series of shops that will be more than happy to help you come up with the perfect item for yourself or to give away:
- Bally’s has the Avenue Shops. Not as high end as some of the others, you will be sure to find a great souvenir here.
- Bellagio’s Via Bellagio contains relatively standard high end stores. What makes this shopping area special is that the stores are set along Lake Bellagio. The water can be wonderfully cooling and refreshing when the temperatures are soaring outside.
- Caesars Palace has the Appian Way Shops and the Forum Shops. The former is a bit lower end, but not by much. Both have higher end retailers with prices that match.
- Circus Circus Shops has one of the best sports memorabilia shops on the Strip.
- Cosmopolitan Shops are truly different, ranging from swimwear to cosmetics to sneakers.
- Excalibur has the Castle Walk Shops. This is a great place to drag along a significant other who may not be as interested in shopping as you are. While you are combing the shops, your partner can watch jousting, play midway games or ride on the rides.
- MGM Grand has The District. You may find items here are a bit more affordable than at some of the other hotel shops.
- Mandalay Place boasts the first official Guinness store in the US.
- Paris’ Le Boulevard Shops, unsurprisingly, have a French feel to them along with a wonderful wine and cheese shop.
- Venetian has the The Grand Canal Shops. These are fun because, when you have spent all your money or you have finished shopping, you can take a gondola ride and pretend that you are truly in Venice.
- Wynn Las Vegas has the Wynn Esplanade and the Encore Esplanade. The Wynn is a bit more high end; the Encore was designed to be a complement to it. The Encore is a bit more modern and edgy than its sister.
You may find that you want to get out of your hotel and explore some of the shopping malls. Again, you will be spoiled for choice.
Crystals at City Center is enormous and contains nearly every luxury brand you can think of. In fact, some of these brands now have their flagship stores in this location. Additionally, some of the best art galleries and restaurants in Las Vegas are now located here.
Fashion Show Las Vegas is one of the largest malls anywhere. Boasting seven anchor stores, it sprawls over 2 million square feet. Hovering about it all is The Cloud, a canopy that shades the outdoor plaza during the day and acts as a projection screen at night.
Town Square Las Vegas is a great place to shop with your family. Pedestrian only streets, a movie theater and a children’s park ensure that your kids will have as much fun as you do on your excursion.
If your winnings don’t extend to luxury goods, or if you want them to go a bit further, get off the Strip and head downtown. Here, you will find the Las Vegas Premium Outlets. Filled with great brands, each of the stores offers significant savings over the other shops in town. Truly the place for the bargain hunter. There are two outlet malls. The first is not far from Fremont Street; the second is well out of town, past the airport.
Even if you don’t go to the outlets, at least once during your visit to Las Vegas, get off the Strip and head over to Fremont Street. This is old Las Vegas and the shops there reflect that feeling. There are not as high end, but in terms of kitsch, you won’t find anything better than you will here.
Shop in Las Vegas ‘Till You Drop!
These are just some of the places available to shop in Las Vegas. For more choices, or to find a hotel that is close to one of these shopping meccas, click here. Stop by and let share your experiences with other shoppers. The best shopping information is always from those who have lived it.